Caputi Law, LLC is a proud member of American Land Title Association (ALTA) and implements its Best Practices
Caputi Law is proud to announce that it is the only RI law office and title agency that has an ALTA Best Practices third party certification. Most law offices and title agents are self- certified. Though that is a step in the right direction, we have gone the extra mile. We have successfully undergone a third party vetting from a reputable auditor in the industry. This certification is one vital example how we stand out from the competition! Caputi Law is the key to your closing!
- Pillar No 1: Establish and maintain current license(s) as required to conduct the business of title insurance and settlement services.
- Pillar No. 2: Adopt and maintain appropriate written procedures and controls for escrow trust accounts allowing for electronic verification of reconciliation.
- Pillar No. 3: Adopt and maintain a written privacy and information security program to protect non-public Personal Information as required by local, state and federal law.
- Pillar No. 4: Adopt standard real estate settlement procedures and policies that help ensure compliance with federal and state consumer financial laws as applicable to the settlement process.
- Pillar No. 5: Adopt and maintain written procedures related to title policy production, delivery, reporting, and premium remittance.
- Pillar No. 6: Maintain appropriate professional liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
- Pillar No. 7: Adopt and maintain written procedures for resolving consumer complaints